On The Road To Paradise


ggdg
ddgc
ccdc
gdcg

This walking is harder than it used to be.
Balance ain't easy with these two old knees.
Shoulders hurt and ya know bout my feet.
When you grow up you'll be just like me.

Met at a Mexican place down the road.
Tried to cancel then we called on the phone.
Shopped and shopped then they went home.
Would've made the time later if we'd known.

Some relaxation is all we got planned.
Have some wine and tell us bout the fam.
Politics too even though it's a sham.
Play a few songs that I play with my band.

Living like gypsyies on the road to paradise.
See all the way back on most of their lives.
They grow up fast and, my how time flies.
There's no going back, no making it right.

Think I'll drive up to Wisconson this year.
Through StLouis where they make Bud beer.
Chicago too it's on the way and kinda near.
If I wait any longer and he won't be here.

But that's just the way things go, you know.
Everybody chose the roads they chose.
Don't matter none to the old scarecrows.
Sun still shines and the wind still blows.

Popular Posts