This Is For The Birds


Ya know death does not agree with me.
Like lying in the sun.
But sometimes I like thinking about it.
Just for a little fun.

Get your financial affairs in order first.
All your papers too.
Slowly tell folks of your terminal fate.
But only tell a few.

Then reality hits like a train of bricks.
Withering on the floor.
Gonna miss all the things your gonna miss.
They're gonna miss you more.

Matrimonies, parties, babies, and talks.
Reading and writing words.
Holding hands and playing in bands.
This is for the birds.

Pain don't make much difference to me.
Got pills for that, ya know.
Really gonna miss all my lifelong friends.
Some I'm just gettin' to know.

But the doctor said all I needed was meds.
Give it bout 4 weeks.
Hurts like a mother, feels like no other.
But still on my feet.

Felt I was a goner, wouldn't live no longer.
For an entire day.
In a total haze, nostalgic and crazed.
Took some time to pray.

Nerves and worry, we can do without.
Learn to forgive.
But don't need to worry bout that no more.
Guess I'm s'pposed to live.

ccgc
ffcc
ccgc
ffgg

Popular Posts