12/11/18
This Is For The Birds
Ya know death does not agree with me.
Like lying in the sun.
But sometimes I like thinking about it.
Just for a little fun.
Get your financial affairs in order first.
All your papers too.
Slowly tell folks of your terminal fate.
But only tell a few.
Then reality hits like a train of bricks.
Withering on the floor.
Gonna miss all the things your gonna miss.
They're gonna miss you more.
Matrimonies, parties, babies, and talks.
Reading and writing words.
Holding hands and playing in bands.
This is for the birds.
Pain don't make much difference to me.
Got pills for that, ya know.
Really gonna miss all my lifelong friends.
Some I'm just gettin' to know.
But the doctor said all I needed was meds.
Give it bout 4 weeks.
Hurts like a mother, feels like no other.
But still on my feet.
Felt I was a goner, wouldn't live no longer.
For an entire day.
In a total haze, nostalgic and crazed.
Took some time to pray.
Nerves and worry, we can do without.
Learn to forgive.
But don't need to worry bout that no more.
Guess I'm s'pposed to live.
ccgc
ffcc
ccgc
ffgg
Burnt Aggie Gonzo 1: Better QB
When Dr. Tone Capone notified me of a free ticket and a spot to crash, the early October trip to Kyle Field in College Station was decided...
-
The road had done me in, I needed to hide out and get my thoughts together, write something, play something, do nothing for awhile. I boo...
-
Felt my smile about to crack. Damn your pride, got your back. Dreams are dreams, facts are facts. Let's get on with it. Life's too...
-
The drive from London to Dublin went directly through the geographical center of the state. A 50-foot high lookout looks out in every dir...