Red Mud Gonzo: Twenty Two

 


"Like The Joker" by King James

I'm now gonna be pulling for the Sabanov doubles team going forward.  Never heard of them before this trip.  And, they are Serbian like the Joker.  Greatness!  You couldn't pay me to watch that singles final.  Ugly tennis, but congrats, Opelka.



"Ivan And Matej Sabanov" by AJ

These crosses were gifts from a Serbian player I coached back in California.  If these had been in my bag, I would have given them to Ivan and Matej Sabanov. Great guys, God bless 'em.  So pure.  So skilled.  Big future.  Idemo!



"Grooving The C Spot" by jpg

Missed it, was busy losing 4-6, 1-6 to some Brookhaven 4.0 aces.  Played decent, only one double fault, but they broke my serve into shattered shards.  Net wizards, lobbed us.  Team won 3-2.  Undefeated so far.  Moving my shorts, not my shirt.  Grooving the C spot...the wins will come.



"Texas Chain Serve Massacre" by jpg

At least Opelka has murder within him, a killer must kill, and does kill.  Along with his Dallas Open win, he completes the first ever Texas Chain Serve Massacre.  It's never been done, the double homicide.  I was going for Isner, but I'm glad the kid won it.  More to come, Opelka goes for blood.




"Review of 1118 Peveto Street" by jpg

Location is important in Houston and this spot was ideal for a 3 day visit to the US Clay Court Championships at River Oaks. Close to Kirby Drive.  Super nice accomodations.  Clean, comfortable, and cool.  Backyard patio very comfortable. Appreciated the guitars, played the one in the middle for a few tunes, including the live debut of Margin Squeeze.  Fine A/C.  Hosts were great, laid back, friendly, and helpful.  Close to Whole Foods and Brenner's On The Bayou.  Straight shot to Irma's.

Popular Posts