20/20 Gonzo 55: Ski Goggles

 


A weekend mob.  Mom, gonna need a $20, and pack a few Capri-Suns in my backpack, dad said it was fine to borrow his ski goggles.  Relax, Monday's Labor Day, I'll catch up on my rest, sleep late.  No worries on TP, we usually do # 1 on parked cars, and we all do our #2 business in the same spot so the shit hurlers can use it, we got tons of TP.  Its all really organized, oh, gonna need eggs, keep them in the carton for now.  Yes I took my chewable vitamin, yes I packed my blanky, yes I got a lighter, yes I'll cover my face.


Rules are rules, I guess, but discretion is discretion, and the better the discretion, the better off, almost always.  Reckless discretion, and worse--no discretion, is doomed to failure eventually, and nothing is more reckless and feckless than blaming rules when bad decisions are made.  Weak and destructive, cowardly and lame, the opposite of leadership.  Every speeder doesn't get a ticket, every broken city ordinance doesn't get a fine, every illegally parked car doesn't get towed.  Selective application is fine in the money game, it happens, sort of a capitalistic realism, a reasonable waiver, maybe a stern warning could work, a point, a game, or something like a cussing tax, or a frustration tax, but not a default.


Agnostic words like 'y'all', or the magnified 'all y'all'.  A slight head nod and a 'what's up' or 'hey you'.  Keep the male female and female male thoughts, curiosities, and further ramifications to yourselves, there is no reason to know more.  The male males and female females have it easy, that's the truth of it, the honest truth.  Use positive nouns and pronouns, verbs and adverbs, use the adjective and prepositions to describe the wonderfulness of it all, sparsely, with good timing, and common discretion.


Popular Posts